Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Eight Days

Three days before Christmas, my family was gifted time at the beach in a phenomenal house...again.  Twice in one year from a family that blesses us beyond reason.  After our 4-city tour through VA/DC in 8 days, receiving this email was like God saying, "I know, you need some rest."
Every year, November and December are a whirlwind.  It's like a mad sprint toward the finish line of the year.  With every year-end, I say that I'm going to slow down.  But things get busier.  Maybe it's having three kiddos or maybe it has something to do with wanting to enjoy life a bit more.
During my 100 Joys Journey I ventured through, inspired by the sweet Sarah Markley, I was amazed by all the sweet joys I noticed and experienced during the month of December.  After a year filled with the transition of life from two children to three; feeling like I was sucking at being a wife and Mom; wondering how we would stretch our growing family of five in our 3-Bedroom townhome; finding all these joys tucked into a year filled with laughter and pain has admittedly been a relief.
There were times, this past year, that I felt like an utter and complete failure.  I didn't make sense to myself, let alone to all the people around me.  My heart took a flight into the pit of hell when I found my faith was flailing around like a fish-out-of-water.
I am so grateful and thankful for peeps that held me up in prayers and love.  These people prayed and encouraged me through this.  These family and friends made me laugh while I bawled my eyes out.  Some of you might not even be aware of the healing words you spoke to me throughout this past year.
Twenty-ten ended with some sheer moments of joy that showed me how God has been healing my heart.  In times when there was nothing I could do but call out His name to help me, He did.  He never let go.  He. is. not. done. with. me.  I'm still here, aren't I?
I have been wasting time wondering where certain relationships have gone and why some relationships do not exist.  What I have found is the Lord beckoning me while He has been by my side.  What I have seen is my Hubs, never giving up on me.  What I have learned is that these three sweet babies I have held since the seconds they were born make my life rich but ultimately are not for me.
I end this past year not looking back but moving forward.  I am crazy about the God who has loved and saved me from my despair.  I am crazy about my wonderful Husband who I get to do life with.  I am crazy about these three littles that make my heart grow exponentially with each day.  
Those were 8 busy days of traveling everywhere for Christmas.  We left on Christmas day for the beach and stayed 8 nights instead of seven because they told us we could stay longer at their beautiful haven of a beach house.    We got to stretch out in a house with 8 bedrooms.  Umm, I'm starting to get freaked out by the number 8.
We rested, relaxed, ate, played and enjoyed each other.  We watched a snowstorm, played in the snow and on the last day there, watched our kiddos run around, shoeless in the sand.
We felt apprehensive about leaving but we are looking forward to this New Year.  I am leaning on these verses, "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."  Lamentations 3:22-23


Beautiful snow-covered sand dunes
Me & my girl
Sweet things!
Hubs & Pretty Princess checking out the starfish
during our Aquarium visit.
Special K:  Mom is that shark going to eat us??
Littlest-little digging the fishies.
NYE celebration with the kiddos and sparklers.
Dancin Girl.
Gorgeous walkway to the beach.

Getting some lovin from my littles.
Handsome Hubs and the Littlest.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet pictures!
    Time away, time to rest...it's good, isn't it? Sometimes I can't let go of those things that drag me down long enough to get that rest. I hope this year is good to you all. :)
    Happy New Year, Julie!

    ReplyDelete