Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Where Have I Been?

Where have you been, you ask?  The whole month of January went out like a blur but it also seemed to take forever to get to February!  Do you ever feel like that?  The beginning of 2011 was filled with bad weather closing school and 'not-so-much-bad-weather-but-they-decide-to-close-the-whole-county-down' days.  It was Hubs being out-of-town for 5 days and craziness in our home.  January was celebrating my sweet little girl's 4 years in this world.  It was also looking forward to time for a Girls' Weekend to Florida with girlfriends that I am humbled and proud to know.  
January was also a month of kids tossing their cookies and hoping and praying that the next person would be spared from the travesty of it all.  I left for the Girls' Weekend with little G sick then to find out that Special K came home early that Friday with the same bug.  I spent the weekend with a fever and chills.  We still managed to have a great time catching up, laughing and crying together.
I'm sitting here, writhing in pain from the torture of a Shaun T workout.  If you don't know who he is, check out the Insanity DVDs.  The name explains it all.  The torture is to get ready for a 10K that Hubs and I are running in April.  We've done this one before.  Hubs ran it twice.  I managed to be preggers for the second one Hub's ran not knowing baby #3 was in the belly when we both signed up.  It is awesome to have goals here and there.  But sometimes getting there is some serious work, pain, effort and in the end, triumph.  I'll give you check-in's to let you know where I'm at.  
My mind is swimming with the details of life.  If you can imagine that I would love to just have a day with no one in the house...just me, some music and a scrub brush to clean the house from top to bottom.  Yeah, I'm living life on the edge!  I've got my planner open, books on the table and amazingly, a quiet house with Hubs at work, 2/3 kiddos did not have school for "impending weather" and one little that repeated "Ni-night?  Ni-night?" with his thumb in his mouth after lunch.  *Smile*
Life is hard and I always feel like I'm playing catch-up or catching nothing at all.  The daily grind, little people circling around me like hawks for their prey (in love people, in love!), the dishes mounting in the sink, the laundry spilling over from the basket and precious peeps in our lives that are really sick.  Yet my heart has been reminded, literally every moment, for the last 4 weeks that:  "Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning: great is your faithfulness.  I say to myself, "the LORD is my portion; therefore, I will wait for Him."  Lamentations 3:22-24
I have been hanging onto the promise that I don't have to be consumed by anything.  The LORD is compassionate and He is my portion in this life.  He is faithful, just and gives the peace that surpasses my puny little mind.  Thanks God, that I can live this life abundantly here on this earth but also look forward to a forever life with you.  I'm just praying I make every moment you give, count.  

January in Pictures
Blowing bubbles at the Beach
Laughter in between stop lights 
Little G having a lunch date with Mama
Date Morning with Special K
Lovin from the Hubs

1 comment:

  1. Your January sounds nuts! I left for a trip once with Michaela sick...she literally threw up in the car while they were taking me to the airport. Talk about feeling guilty for leaving! I hope everyone is better now, and that you can head towards spring with a healthy family!
    And if it makes you feel better I did 11 loads of laundry today (no I am not kidding) (the move did us in, laundry wise) and there is still a box of dirty stuff from the other house! We had a snow day (more for ice, though) and it was the first time I've just been able to stay here and switch the loads as soon as they're done! It was great. I am hoping to keep on top of it once it's under control...but I have a Laundry Problem so it's likely to gather its own force once again. haha I really love the last picture. :)
    And by the way, my 'stache is getting darker every day. It's alarming. They called me in for an audition for the new Magnum P.I.

    ReplyDelete