We came back from a lake trip a couple days ago. The outdoor grime had to be washed off...too bad I didn't have a power washer! If only I had taken a pic of the bathwater. Truly, I will spare you.
Before the bathing commenced, we told the two older kids that we needed to check for ticks. Have you ever tried to explain what ticks are to a 5-year-old and a 3-year-old? I'm not talking about the concept of bugs. What I'm talking about is what ticks do. The explanation about how they suck your blood was followed by, "AM I GOING to DIE?" Let's just say that using tweezers to pluck pin-sized ticks off of your babies' nether regions is not my idea of fun.
I plucked three off of my little girl and my eldest, well, ten was the last count. The screaming, writhing and gnashing of teeth was like an eerie rendition of Gollum (LoTR) with an elven rope tied around his neck. Just sayin.
No comments:
Post a Comment