Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

100 Joys: Do Not Lose Heart

I'm not going to lie, you all.  I am exhausted.  My sinuses (sinusi?  Sinui?) are raging and we are up in the mountains.  Three days in some seriously freezing cold weather.  I even asked Hubs if he would write a guest-post on the blog but then figured that would defeat the whole Joy Journey.
It is hard to dig for joy in all circumstances.  I will tell you this.  Yesterday morning, after a short night of sleep, after having to pack to come here, Hubs came in and whispered, "It's time to wake up."  I looked up and he had the baby in his arms, the other 2 kiddos came following and then he raised the blinds.  It snowed, just a tiny bit.  Enough to cover some grass and the trees.  I was still warm under the covers with the whole family on the bed, looking out at the snow.  It brought me joy (46).  
(46)
Today, we find ourselves in a beautiful place, mountains in the distance, delicious meals being cooked and dishes washed for us and being surrounded by other peeps that work tirelessly on campuses from Virginia to South Carolina, for the sake of sharing the love of Jesus with college students (47).  
(47)  This is looking out from our little kitchen window.
It is some good stuff.  I see some tired people, some laughing and some just trying to find some respite.  What I pray for, right now, is that we all find rest in Him.  Instead of waking up in the morning with a jolt to a long list of things to do, I am praying that I rest in my Father's arms.  I am praying that Hubs would find reprieve for His heart and not be wearied by the tasks before us.  I am praying for these precious peeps that they would find rest and joy in their journey (48).  
Oh, and for you, neighbor across the way:  We're sorry that you had the misfortune of walking out while our family was having a moment, looking at the first snow of the season.  We found some joy through laughter as we saw you scurry to your car in your wife's pink robe (49).
(49)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."      
2 Corinthians 4:16-18




See where it all started:
www.sarahmarkley.com

2 comments:

  1. oh girl, you made me laugh out loud with that pink bathrobe thing!! wow!

    and look at your beautiful snow.

    thank you so much for participating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, dude in the robe is the best! Love it!

    ReplyDelete