Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Simple Joy

A check came in the mail.  It was for $18.00 and I was ecstatic.  Hubs & I have been wanting to get out to see a movie.  Our budget is tight but man, that check came in the mail on our Date night day (18).  And if you must know, there were coupons for a ton of things and a free toothpaste (19).  There, I said it.  
Many of our date nights consist of cooking dinner together, having one of our fantastic sitters come, the kiddos go wild and crazy, we eat dinner together...
and we go to Target.  We will walk through and look at everything.  As unexciting as that may sound, I'm a total quality time girl so it is right up my alley.  
We headed over to the movie theater and had a few minutes to spare so we decided to get out and take some photos.  I thought the Security guy tucked warmly away in his Mall Cop Car was going to come after us as we circled around the parking lot 4 times for a space.  Getting out of the car, it seemed like 28 degrees with a lot of wind.  Hubs & I ran to the decorated Christmas Tree (20), got a couple shots and ran back to the car (21).  
(20)
(21)


Tumbleweed blew past as we walked in to get our tickets.  You know when you walk into a theater, there is a wall blocking the whole set of seats and you're not sure of what you'll see when you turn around the bend?  AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAA (sung in my best Hallelujah kind of voice)!  There was no one in the theater (22).  Wouldn't you know I looked at Hubs and said, "Where do you want to sit"?  I took pictures from my phone of the empty theater that didn't turn out, but after we sat down, another couple came in.  The joy of an empty theater did last a moment.  Time with my Hubs, watching a movie we really enjoyed  and out on a date night that cost us two extra dollars was priceless.



Please visit where it all started:
www.sarahmarkley.com

2 comments: