Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Full of Wonder and Delight



(8)
When I see through they eyes of my littles, it is amazing what I get to see.  Through my Special K's eyes, I see the excitement of getting a new tape on his belt from Tae Kwon Do.  Four tapes on one belt means he progresses up to the next belt color.  With every tape and every new belt, he beams with joy.  My heart beams just because his does (8).  I rejoice in you, son.
(9)
If one word could describe my daughter, it would be passionate.  She rides the waves of her heart  with true sincerity and gusto.  This afternoon, she was telling me all about Jesus.  She insists on asking question after question of who Jesus is, where He came from and how did He become a man if He is Baby Jesus?  With Advent and the anticipation of Christmas upon us, I again, shared the special story.  I added that if she ever wanted to believe in this Wonderful Jesus-guy, all she would have to do is let us know about it.  Hubs & my heart are never to pressure our kiddos into making any kind of decisions that they are not fully aware of what the decision would mean.  In all her full-of-life-little-self (9) and in that little voice she says, "I want to do that!"  But she said some things that  made me hesitate.  I told her that we would wait until Daddy came home to talk about it some more.  In the meantime, she would have an afternoon nap, snack time, a show and dinner.  At dinner, out of nowhere she excitedly says "Dad, I want to talk about Jesus!"  Hubs tells her the story of Jesus.  Baby Girl continues to talk about baby Jesus and that Mary and Joseph were His Mommy and Daddy.  Sweet little one, we love your heart and we will patiently wait for the day when you understand and decide to choose Him.  My heart is joyful in who He has made you to be, baby.
(10)
We have been teased by a certain little one over the topic of walking.  We did not expect our little monkey to start walking at 12 months because it just didn't happen with the other two.  And really, you aren't going to find us pushing the third baby-of-the-house to rush into such hasty activities.  We have seen him take his first step.  Since that time, he has refused to walk.  He seems to think he gets around faster by crawling.  I'll hold his hand and he will walk by my side but as soon as I say, "Walk to Mama, baby", he laughs, sits down and crawls away.  Have you ever witnessed such mockery?  The giggles, the huge smiles and downright silliness of this little boy makes my heart leap (10).  
(And just so you know, littlest little of ours, today I saw you take six different steps when you didn't know I was looking!)

My Hubs has stolen my heart but these three have wrecked it!  

"May your father and mother rejoice;  may she who gave you birth be joyful!"  Proverbs 23:25 

What do you delight in?

No comments:

Post a Comment